How will buyers see your property??
Show off your home - every time!
Don’t give buyers any reason to not consider your home. From the front door to the smell when they walk in the door, the very first impression will resonate in their thoughts forever…”oh, yeah. That’s laundry-pile-on-the-floor house.” Keeping things looking maintained and clean is one of the biggest things you can do to help you sell your home as quickly as possible!
It is important for a property to make the best possible impression on prospective buyers.
The following can interfere with a buyer’s appreciation of a property:
- Lawn needs mowing and edging
- Untrimmed hedges and shrubs
- Dead and dying plants
- Grease or oil spots on the driveway
- Peeling paint
- Anything that looks old or worn
- Worn carpets and drapes
- Dirty windows, kitchen, baths
- Clutter (hrmm -see a patten?
- Pet and smoking odors
- Peeling paint, smudges or marks on walls.
Here are some tips to give your home the best first impression – every time it is previewed by a real estate professional or shown to prospective buyers:
- Remove toys, newspapers, yard tools and other clutter.
- Tidy up; pick up after pets.
- Park vehicles in the garage or on the street; leave the driveway clear.
- Add color with flowers and potted plants.
- Make beds; clean up dishes; empty wastebaskets.
- Remove clutter throughout; organize closets and cupboards; put away toys.
- Set out “show towels” in baths.
- Freshen the air; potpourri or baked bread aroma; deodorize pet areas; set comfortable temperature.
- Do quick vacuuming and dusting.
- Arrange fresh flowers throughout.
- Turn off television; play soft background music.
- Open drapes and shades; turn on lights.
Of course, these are only a few tips. Basically…just keep your home clean and clutter-free. You hope to move anyway, so pack up some of those extra knicknacks and dust collectors. Store some of that extra furniture that may make your rooms look cramped.
We would be happy to talk with you (no obligation!) about what you can do to make your home as presentable as possible. Give us a call at 605-391-7086 or 605-381-3383.